Web developers design and build websites. They are typically responsible for the appearance, of the site and technical aspects, such as site speed and how much traffic the site can handle. Web developers may also create site content that requires technical features.
They are sometimes known as web designers or full-stack developers if they can do both front-end and back-end development.
We are looking for a skilled web developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for our company. You will be working alongside a team of other developers in creating, maintaining, and updating our websites.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $29.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
1 year to less than 2 years
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing or performing Website updates.
- Developing or validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and directing team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Back up files from Web sites to local directories for recovery.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
Web Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Web development or related field, or relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
- Proficient in My SQL.
- Dedicated team player.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid ability in both written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Specific Skills
- Research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products; Prepare mock-ups and storyboards; Consult with clients to develop and document Website requirements; Lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Website graphics, content, capacity and interactivity; Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Website; Create and optimize content for Website using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software; Develop Website architecture and determine hardware and software requirements; Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code; Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.