Tire technicians repair and install tires on cars, trucks, and heavy vehicles. They mostly work for vehicle repair shops, tire stores, and dealerships. The duties of a tire technician include installing, balancing, and repairing tires for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. They may also be required to perform roadside assistance.
We are looking to hire an experienced tire technician to work in our busy repair shop. As a tire technician, you will be required to inspect and assess damaged or worn tires on customer vehicles, replace or repair damaged tires, and balance or rotate tires. You may also be required to perform specialty work such as studding tires for the snow, retreading tires for off-road vehicles, and providing roadside assistance.
To ensure success as a tire technician, you should have good communication skills and be able to perform physically demanding tasks. Ultimately, an outstanding tire technician can work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining high industry standards.
Tire Technician Responsibilities:
- Talking to the customer about any issues they are experiencing.
- Inspecting and assessing tire tread levels, wear patterns, valve quality, and overall health.
- Recommending appropriate repair treatment or replacement of tires.
- Repairing punctures and replacing faulty valves.
- Installing new tires.
- Balancing tires and completing wheel alignment procedures.
- Studding tires for snow use.
- Retreading tires for tractors and other off-road vehicles.
- Conducting inventory and maintaining equipment.
- Conducting road-side repairs.
Tire Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven work experience as a tire technician.
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of tire patterns and material composition.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a crouched or standing position for extended periods.
- Location: 800 McKenzie Street South
Outlook, SKS0L 2N0
- Salary: $15.00 to $20.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
08:00 to 17:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Repair and balance tires; Provide on-site services; Grease booms, pulleys, buckets and other components of heavy equipment
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs); Up to 45 kg (100 lbs); Up to 9 kg (20 lbs); Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract); Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Noisy; Odours; Dusty
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Installation Specialization
- Tires; Commercial vehicle wheels
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Judgement; Reliability
How to apply
800 McKenzie Street South
S0L 2N0 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.