- 1) Makes boots and shoes, using hand and machine tools: Makes patterns, using form of foot and pattern paper, and outlines patterns on leather.
- 2) Cuts out parts with shears and knife, and sews them together on machine to form uppers.
- 3) Marks eyelets, punches them out, and inserts metal rings and clinches them on machine.
- 4) Assembles last and attaches it to stand.
- 5) Tacks insole on last and draws upper over last, tacking it in place.
- 6) Trims upper with knife and sews on welt.
- 7) Attaches outer sole to lasted upper by sewing it on or by roughening surface of sole with rasp and wire brush, coating it with cement and hammering it.
- 8) Tacks on rand, leather lifts to build heel base, and heel.
- 9) Trims and buffs edges of sole and heel, using knife and buffing wheel.
- 10) Brushes dressing dye on shoe and polishes it by holding it against rotating brush.
- 11) May roughen outsole and cement rubber or fiber sole to it.
- 12) May design and make women’s fashion or custom shoes of materials, such as leather, fabric, and straw and be designated Custom-Shoe Designer And Maker.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $15.00 to $25.00HOUR hourly for 10 to 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.