A Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Sandwich Artists work in fast-food restaurants and delis where they prepare sandwiches according to customers’ orders. They regularly restock all sandwich ingredients and condiments to ensure that they are readily available for orders.
Sandwich Artist Job Description
We are looking to hire an efficient Sandwich Artist to prepare sandwiches according to customers’ orders. The Sandwich Artist’s responsibilities include greeting customers and accurately taking their orders, explaining menu items to customers and answering their questions, and helping to unload food supplies from delivery trucks. You should also be able to work in a team to complete large orders in a timely manner.
To be successful as a Sandwich Artist, you should demonstrate transparency and account for all food items used to prepare customers’ orders. Ultimately, an outstanding Sandwich Artist should display exceptional customer service skills and warmly interact with customers while completing orders to create a pleasant experience.
Sandwich Artist Responsibilities:
- Preparing all sandwich ingredients, which includes washing, cutting, slicing, chopping, and grating ingredients according to established guidelines.
- Neatly preparing sandwiches according to customers’ orders.
- Operating the cash register and handing customers the correct change.
- Explaining menu options to customers as required.
- Neatly wrapping customers’ sandwiches.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work station at all times.
- Properly sanitizing all utensils and dishes before each use.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations while storing, preparing, and serving food.
Sandwich Artist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A food handler’s license.
- Proven experience working in a fast-food restaurant, deli, or similar environment.
- The ability to follow verbal instructions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to work effectively under stress.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Location: Clarenville, NL
- Salary:$12.50HOUR hourly for 25 to 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 3 vacancies
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills
- Take customers’ orders; Stock refrigerators and salad bars; Serve customers at counters or buffet tables; Portion and wrap foods; Package take-out food; Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Dishwashing Skills
- Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand; Place dishes in storage area
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Grill; Electronic cash register; Conventional oven
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Reliability
- Kitchen Helpers Skills
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash; Handle and store cleaning products; Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment; Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Food Service Helpers Specific Skills
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.