A Restaurant Manager, or Restaurant General Manager, is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a restaurant. Their duties include hiring and training restaurant staff following company policies, speaking with diners to address concerns or solve problems and creating work schedules for restaurant staff.
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to lead all aspects of our business. You will deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
Restaurant Manager responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. We want you to know how to oversee the dining room, check-in with customers and balance seating capacity. Back of the house management experience is also essential, as you’ll hire qualified Cooks and Wait Staff, set work schedules, oversee food prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for goods, kitchen utensils and cleaning products
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Proven work experience as a Restaurant Manager, Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait staff
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable and PeachWorks
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Location: 140 St Albert Trail St. Albert, ABT8N 7C8
- Salary: $21.63HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Recruit, train and supervise staff; Participate in marketing plans and implementation; Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices; Ensure health and safety regulations are followed; Develop, implement and analyze budgets; Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies; Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance; Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Office
- Additional Skills
- Conduct performance reviews; Organize and maintain inventory
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Organized
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities
How to apply
5935 32 ST NE
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.