Refrigeration technicians, also known as refrigeration mechanics, install, repair, and troubleshoot refrigeration systems in homes and businesses. They work on climate control systems such as HVAC units as well as refrigeration storage units, ice machines, and beverage equipment.
We are looking for an experienced refrigeration technician to join our installation and repair team. As a refrigeration technician, you will be responsible for processing and completing work orders, installing new refrigeration systems, troubleshooting mechanical failures, and performing equipment maintenance. You may also be required to advise on equipment upgrades and alternate cooling units.
To ensure success as a refrigeration technician, you should have advanced knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems, good mechanical skills, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Ultimately, a top-class refrigeration technician expertly installs, repairs, and maintains refrigeration equipment for a client with the least amount of down-time.
Refrigeration Technician Responsibilities:
- Processing and completing work orders.
- Contacting the client to ascertain their equipment needs.
- Ordering equipment supplies, repair modules, and sundries for the order.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Installing climate control systems, refrigeration units, and beverage equipment.
- Observing and testing newly installed systems.
- Troubleshooting refrigeration equipment failures.
- Maintaining stock levels.
- Replacing worn seals, outer shells, and worn-out motors.
- Informing clients of repair costs and alternate cooling options.
Refrigeration Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a refrigeration technician.
- HVAC certification.
- Braising and soldering skills.
- Knowledge of local building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Advanced mechanical and diagnostic skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy equipment.
- Location: 518 West St. PO Box 111
Milton, NSB0T 1P0
- Salary: $20.00 to $37.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Measure, cut and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment; Measure and lay out reference points for installation; Handle, recover and store refrigerants; Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components; Install, troubleshoot, repair and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems; Start up system and test for leaks using testing devices; Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing; Install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food or medical supplies; Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
- Control Systems
- On-board diagnostics; Electrical devices
- Additional Skills
- Coach and instruct apprentices; Provide customer service
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
- Ventilation; Heat pump; Filtration; Built up (split system); Air motioning and circulation; Humidification and de-humidification system; Rooftop (self-contained)
- Security and Safety
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Noisy; Odours; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Vehicle supplied by employer; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Reliability; Punctuality
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices
How to apply
902-356-2230 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.