As one of Canada’s leading manufacturers of fire-retardant garments, Actionwear Saskatoon Inc. is proud to be serving the mining, oil and gas, forestry, construction, and electrical industries for over 47 years.
Actionwear has a full-time career opportunity for a production laborer within our cutting department. Our ideal candidate would be a physically fit, organized, and detail orientated person that is comfortable operating industrial machines and has basic computer skills.
We are looking for hard-working production workers to assist in the manufacturing process. The Production Worker’s responsibilities include keeping the production area clean, preparing machinery and equipment for use, working the production line as instructed, and strictly following health and safety guidelines.
To be successful as a production worker you should be able to work on the production line with consistent speed and accuracy. An outstanding production worker should be able to maintain production standards and work towards improving productivity without compromising quality.
- Following health and safety standards.
- Maintaining a clean workstation and production floor.
- Assembling products and parts.
- Following production guidelines and specifications.
- Finalizing and packaging products for shipment.
- Operating and maintaining machinery and production line equipment.
- Monitoring the assembly line and removing faulty products.
- Working on the production line and meeting production targets.
- Reporting any issues to the supervisor on duty.
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Previous experience working in a factory is beneficial.
- Experience operating manufacturing machinery.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Physical dexterity.
- Available for shift work.
More Details About This Job:
- Actionwear Saskatoon Inc.
- To Be Determined
- Full Time
- Full Time Permanent
- Grade 12
- No Experience
- Load And Off-Load Machines
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Frequent standing, bending & stretching with legs, shoulders, and back
Frequent pushing and walking
Education: Completed grade 12, experience with cutting tools and computers is an asset
Hours: Monday through Thursday 7 AM to 4 PM, Friday 7 AM to 1:30 PM
Actionwear Saskatoon Inc.
Denise Bandet Reaser