Full Job Description
At AON3D, we’re doing more than just creating powerful industrial 3D printers. Our hardworking, multidisciplinary team leverages their backgrounds and expertise every day to develop a groundbreaking, open materials platform for additive manufacturing that serves companies at all scales and across infinite industries. We continually adapt along our journey as we process new learnings from our customers, and we recently reached a significant fundraising milestone that will allow us to push the boundaries of our technology. We know that this is just the beginning, and we’re determined to remain resilient as we face the challenges and rewards of expanding our business.
About this role
As a Sustaining Engineer at AON3D, you’ll be responsible for all of our sustaining efforts in our existing product lines, including feature development, manufacturing improvements, and long-term validation. Much of this work will focus on the mechanical, thermal, and linear motion systems used in 3D printer operation and will involve constant communication with our engineering, production, and customer success groups. Since we’re a small team, the position offers plenty of opportunity to make significant changes that will help steer the product and deliver high impact both externally for our users and internally.
- 6+ years of professional experience (post university) designing, planning, prototyping and validating mechanical systems.
- Experience working with at least one in-production mechanical product.
- Familiarity with product certification and compliance standards (e.g., CE, ETL, TUV, CSA, UL).
- The ability to use common inspection equipment, tools, and gauges to assess quality and viability of product.
- Proficiency and comfort with SolidWorks.
- Nice-to-have: Experience with one or more of the following: Additive manufacturing, Precision mechanical systems, Design for high temperature applications, Reliability/durability
AON3D is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, gender, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable employment laws.