Mathematics Teachers, also known as Maths Teachers, plan and present math lessons to students in primary and secondary school, educating them about the world of numbers. Their goal is to help pupils develop critical-thinking abilities by gaining an understanding of mathematics concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and presenting lessons to facilitate students’ understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Preparing and distributing learning material such as notes, assignments, and quizzes.
- Sourcing the resources and supplies needed for lessons.
- Ensuring that the classroom remains safe and conducive to learning.
- Grading assignments and quizzes in a timely manner.
- Invigilating quizzes and final examinations.
- Documenting and reporting on students’ progress.
- Attending meetings with parents and staff.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with a specialization in Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Proven experience as a Maths Teacher.
- Organized, flexible disposition.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- A thorough understanding of best practices in teaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Location: Windsor, ON
- Salary: $40,000 to $50,000YEAR annually for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Start date 2021-09-07
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Experience an asset
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.