Machinists are responsible for operating machine tools and equipment to build or repair precision tools using technical drawing and instructions.
Operates and maintains lathe and milling machines. Reviews drawings, instructions, blueprints or samples to ensure accurate production. Takes precise measurements for cutting or shaping. … Identifies need for and performs machine maintenance and minor repairs.
- Location: Mississauga, ON
- Salary: $24.00HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a skilled machinist to build and maintain machine tools and industrial machines. The machinist will also be responsible for following technical drawings and using knowledge of mathematics to produce precision parts.
To be successful as a machinist you must have excellent coordination and knowledge of mechanics. A good machinist puts safety and accuracy at the forefront of all tasks.
- Operate and maintain industrial machines.
- Produce precision tools.
- Interpret technical drawings and instructions.
- Ensure that all operations adhere to safety protocols.
- Check that all equipment produced works correctly.
- Prior experience with machine tools and industrial machines.
- Excellent knowledge of material properties.
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- An apprenticeship involving mechanical operations would be advantageous.
- Professional knowledge of safety protocols.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments; Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables; Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance; Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances; Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers); Set up and adjust production machineries/tools; Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces; Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Universal grinders; Tool grinders; Tapping machines; Surface grinders; Milling machines; Drill presses; Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Tight deadlines
- Measuring Tools
- Gauges; Callipers; Calibre; Verniers
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Dependability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Visible minorities, Youth
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.