Kitchen helpers perform various cleaning, maintenance, preparation, and stocking duties in the kitchens of restaurants, hospitals, schools, and nursing homes. They wash dishes, help cooks prepare meal ingredients, and clean kitchens.
We are looking to hire a hard-working kitchen helper to clean, stock, and maintain the kitchen as well as help with the preparation of meal ingredients. The kitchen helper’s responsibilities include retrieving ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom, measuring ingredients as per the cook’s instructions, and removing leftovers from patrons’ plates, bowls, and glasses. You should also be able to ensure that all work areas are properly sanitized.
To be successful as a kitchen helper, you should demonstrate sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures and remove expired or spoiled ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom. Ultimately, an outstanding kitchen helper should be able to follow all food health and safety regulations and display exceptional organizational skills to ensure the timely completion of kitchen duties.
Kitchen Helper Responsibilities:
- Preparing meal ingredients for the cook, which includes washing, peeling, cutting, and slicing ingredients.
- Assisting kitchen staff to unload food supplies from delivery trucks.
- Properly washing and drying all dishes, utensils, cooking instruments and cutting boards.
- Neatly putting away all utensils, cooking instruments, dishes, and cutting boards in their respective places.
- Packing take-out orders as needed.
- Removing garbage, replacing garbage bags, and washing garbage cans.
- Mopping and sweeping the kitchen areas as required.
- Storing ingredients and food items according to food safety standards.
Kitchen Helper Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience helping in kitchen settings.
- A food handler’s license.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to safely use kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Sound knowledge of food safety standards and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Location: 600 Liverpool
Pickering, ONL1W 1P9
- Salary: $15.00HOUR hourly for 15 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Casual employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Safe Food Handling certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Dishwashing Skills
- Scour pots and pans; Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand; Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Kitchen Helpers Skills
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit; Remove kitchen garbage and trash; Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment; Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
How to apply
905-422-0300 Between 08:30 AM and 04:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.