Tax consultants often prepare tax returns for clients, or they provide information and advice to help clients fill out their own tax returns. They answer client questions, help them prepare for future tax situations, and analyze information to ensure compliance with government regulations.
A tax accountant is responsible for assisting clients and companies with their financial and income tax statements. These qualified professionals research, study and interpret tax law. Their work includes preparing payments, identifying tax savings, and analyzing tax issues.
- Location: Penticton, BC
- Salary: $36,000 to $50,000 YEAR annually for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Start date 2021-11-15
- Benefits: Medical Benefits, Disability Benefits, Dental Benefits, Group Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Vision Care Benefits
- Vacancies 1 vacancy
Our company is currently searching for a detail-oriented and qualified tax account to prepare our tax payments and returns. As the tax accountant, your chief goal will be to recommend effective tax strategies that comply with laws and promote our company’s financial well-being. Your responsibilities will include preparing tax returns, analyzing tax regulations, monitoring industry trends, and completing tax reports.
To excel in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of accounting procedures and time management skills, as you’ll have to ensure our company meets strict deadlines. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate keen attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills.
Tax Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions.
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax database.
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits.
- Ensure you comply with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Offer support and guidance during audits.
- Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
- Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports.
Tax Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a tax accountant or similar role.
- Good understanding of MS Office and accounting software.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Financial Auditor Specific Skills
- Ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards, procedures and internal control
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel; MS Windows; Internet; Accounting software; Quick Books; Simply Accounting
- Accountant Specific Skills
- Provide financial, business and tax advice; Prepare financial statements and reports; Prepare income tax returns from accounting records; Plan, set up and administer accounting systems
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Cellular phone
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Parking paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Medical Benefits; Disability Benefits; Dental Benefits; Group Insurance Benefits; Life Insurance Benefits; Vision Care Benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Persons with disabilities, Visible minorities
How to apply
2504 Skaha Lake Road suite 104
2504 Skaha Lake Road suite 104
V2A 6G1 Between 08:30 AM and 04:30 PM
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
Intended job posting audience
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.