Guest Service Agents communicate with guests looking to make or cancel hotel reservations. They greet guests on arrival, assign them rooms and suites, issue keys, and collect payment information. Guest Service Agents coordinate housekeeping, porters, transport providers and kitchen staff to meet guest requirements.
- Location: Thompson, MB
- Salary: $14.25 to $14.75HOUR hourly for 16 to 24 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for highly organized candidates with excellent people skills for the position of a guest service representative. Guest service representatives are responsible for providing front desk services to guests, undertaking various administrative duties, and diffusing conflict or tension in hotels, among other duties.
The best guest service representatives will have tremendous patience when dealing with guests and accommodate their every need with enthusiasm and poise.
Guest Service Representative Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests upon arrival and making them feel welcomed.
- Administering check-ins and check-outs.
- Providing front desk services to guests.
- Assigning rooms and taking care of administrative duties.
- Delivering mail and messages.
- Processing guest payments.
- Coordinating with bell service and staff management.
- Being a source of information to guests on various matters such as transport and restaurant advice.
- Processing meal and beverage requests.
- Accommodating general and unique requests.
- Diffusing conflict or tense situations with guests.
Guest Service Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of customer service experience.
- Certificate or diploma in hospitality advantageous.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Conflict resolution experience.
- Patience and good listening skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.