As a food counter attendant / food preparer, your duties can include: use a cash register to take customer orders, accept payment and give change. answer customer questions about menu items and serve customers at counters or buffet tables. … reset tables with clean tablecloths, napkins, silverware, glasses and dishes.
Counter attendants are often the first people customers interact with when they enter an establishment. They greet customers, answer questions about menu items and ring up orders. They also often serve ready-made food and drink items, such as coffee, ice cream and pastries.
In the skills section of your counter attendant job description, be sure to emphasize that good candidates will be personable, friendly and focused on customer service. Attention to detail and accuracy in taking and delivering orders is key to success as a counter attendant. Stamina is also important, as counter attendants often spend entire shifts on their feet.
Counter attendants should be patient with customers when answering questions and understanding and helpful when dealing with any problems that arise. Use the example below to get a better idea of what to include in your counter attendant job description.
As a counter attendant at our local café, you’ll be an important part of our customer service team, working under our front-of-house manager to ensure our customers start their day off right. You’ll greet customers with a smile when they walk in the door and offer assistance with anything they need. This may be starting them out with a hot cup of coffee, answering questions about our delicious, local and organic menu items or helping put together a table for a party of eight. This role is ideal for friendly, personable workers with a passion for organic food and a desire to share our vision of a sustainable, eco-friendly café with our customers.
- Greet customers as they come into the café and offer your assistance with their orders
- Ring up food orders and communicate those orders to the kitchen staff, making sure to note any special requests so all items are made correctly
- Explain menu items to customers with enthusiasm and descriptive language, and be knowledgeable about our ingredients so you can tell customers about our commitment to quality, local, organic food sources
- Offer suggestions for order substitutions for customers with allergies or other dietary restrictions
- Offer to help customers find seating and carry items to their tables
- Ensure there is always hot, fresh coffee brewed and ready for customers, and keep coffee station clean and stocked with cream, sugar and other items
- Direct customers to anything they need, such as utensils, coffee items, booster seats or directions to the restroom
- Ask customers if they want their order for here or to go, and explain that all to-go orders use our eco-friendly, compostable packaging
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work early morning and weekends
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Location: 550 Queen Street West Brampton, ONL6X 3E7
- Salary: $14.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills
- Take customers’ orders; Serve customers at counters or buffet tables; Portion and wrap foods; Package take-out food; Keep records of the quantities of food used
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
How to apply