As a Floor Covering Installer, your duties may include the following: Installing carpeting, hardwood floors, trims and bases to floors or other surfaces. Inspecting, measuring and preparing surfaces to be covered. Inspecting and repairing damaged floor coverings.
Flooring installers perform inspections and consult with clients to deliver appropriate flooring solutions. Flooring installers may act in the capacity of sole proprietors, though many work for other individuals or companies.
- Location: Mount Pearl, NLOn the road job
- Salary: $20.00 to $25.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Assemblers perform tasks that are necessary to the production process. They aid in the fabrication, maintenance, and repair of component parts and products. They must also maintain tidy work areas and follow detailed instructions in order to meet safety and quality requirements.
What does an Assembler do?
Assemblers must have an aptitude for mechanics and an eye for detail. Their function is to ensure that all parts and products under their care are in proper working order and meet the quality standards of the company and industry.
The day-to-day tasks of assemblers tend to be field-specific, but most often include working with a variety of tools and machinery to make or repair products and parts for distribution. Additional training may be required in order to help Assemblers understand industry processes and standards.
The ability to comprehend and follow detailed verbal or written instructions, as well as diagrams, blueprints, and other technical documents is a critical part of Assembly.
Assemblers should also be team players who are willing to work with those in their assigned lines or groups.
- Use tools to make or repair parts and products.
- Interpret technical documents, such as diagrams, schematics, blueprints, or other verbal or written instructions.
- Work with other members of the line or group in order to assemble products.
- Keep a clean and tidy workspace.
- Meet all safety requirements of the company and industry.
- Identify any defective items and handle them according to established procedures.
- Ability to use reason to solve problems as they arise.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Skilled in mechanics.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Willing to perform repetitive tasks while sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must have good eyesight, including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors.
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants; Prepare floors for installations; Prepare and install hardwood floors; Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings; Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations; Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings; Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Work in employer’s/client’s home; Urban area; Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Judgement; Organized
- Workplace information
- On the road job
How to apply
709-771-3842 Between 08:00 AM and 08:30 PM
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- References attesting experience
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.