Estheticians are licensed skincare professionals who provide facials, hair removal, and other treatments to help maintain clients’ personal appearance. Estheticians work for dermatologists, salons, spas, clinics, and resorts.
We are looking for a compassionate esthetician to perform skin, body, and hair removal treatments. The esthetician will consult with clients to assess their requirements, make informed recommendations and explain services, assist them to select appropriate treatments, and ensure their care and satisfaction. The esthetician will ensure treatments start and end on time. You will maintain knowledge to promote and sell services and retail products. You will ensure work areas are clean and tidy, equipment is sanitized and linens are clean at all times, and treat clients in a courteous and empathetic manner.
To ensure success you should meet revenue goals, ensure client retention, and build a solid client base. Ideal candidates will be empathetic, caring, and professional, and have the ability to make others feel good about themselves.
- Location: 2786 West 16th Avenue suite 207 Vancouver, BCV6K 4M1
- Salary: $18.00HOUR hourly + 5% commission per sale for 15 to 30 hours per week
Minimum wage is guaranteed
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies 1 vacancy
- Providing waxing, facials, body treatments, and makeup applications and lessons.
- Adhering to appointments in a timely manner by monitoring time schedule.
- Welcoming clients in a warm, friendly manner, accompanying them to and from treatment rooms, and thanking them sincerely on departure.
- Interviewing clients to obtain information about contraindications, and examining skin to evaluate the suitability of treatments.
- Advising clients on skincare, and recommending suitable treatments and home care regimens.
- Engaging and conversing with clients during sessions on topics relating to their interests.
- Maintaining product knowledge to promote and sell spa and salon services, and retail products.
- Adhering to esthetics policies pertaining to chemical usage, and cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance of equipment.
- Caring for linens and replacing them between sessions.
- Ceasing treatment and informing supervisor in the event of inappropriate guest behavior.
- State licensure to practice as an esthetician.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Proficient in performing all applicable treatments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding people skills and a warm, friendly manner.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
1 to less than 7 months
- Cosmetics/Cosmetology Skills
- Provide general information to customers on beauty products
- Electrolysis Skills
- Laser hair removal
- Esthetics Skills
- Waxing; Skin care; Skin peels; Relaxation massage; Refer clients with unusual skin conditions to physicians; Pedicures; Glycolic acid treatments; Foot massage; Eyebrow tinting; Facials; Exfoliation treatments; Body care/treatments; Eyebrow threading
- Area of Work Experience
- Pedicurist; Esthetician; Cosmetician/cosmetologist
- Additional Skills
- Sell establishments products; Schedule and confirm appointments
- Work Setting
- Esthetician’s salon; Beauty shop or aesthetic service
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Work Location Information
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Manicurists and Pedicurists Skills
- Clean, trim and polish nails
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
How to apply: By email
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.