Dressmakers are apparel professionals who create made-to-measure dresses, blouses, skirts and other garments. They may also update vintage outfits and repair or alter clothes. Some may design unique creations and sell them in stores.
- 1) Makes women’s garments, such as dresses, coats, and suits, according to customer specifications and measurements: Discusses with customer type of material, pattern, or style to be used in making garment.
- 2) Measures customer to determine modification from pattern, using tape measure.
- 3) Positions and pins pattern sections, such as collar, sleeve, or waist, on fabric, and cuts fabric with scissors following pattern edge.
- 4) Pins or bastes together fabric parts in preparation for final sewing.
- 5) Sews fabric parts by hand or operates single-needle sewing machine that joins fabric parts to form garment.
- 6) Sews felling stitch in hem of garment by hand to conceal thread.
- 7) Presses garment, using hand iron, to smooth seams and remove wrinkles.
- 8) May draft standard pattern according to measurements of customer and adapt pattern to obtain specified style.
- 9) May make garment according to picture furnished by customer.
- Location: 440, Rte 279 Saint-Damien-de-Buckland, QCG0R 2Y0
- Salary: $13.50 to $15.00HOUR hourly for 15 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 5 vacancies
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Reliability
How to apply
581-983-5329 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
440, Rte 279
Saint-Damien de Buckland, QC
G0R 2Y0 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.