Wok Box is searching for individuals who enjoy the business, who see potential in the industry and want the chance to succeed. We’ve got the chance to evolve with us. As one of the fastest expanding Asian franchises in Canada, we are searching for the right individuals to help us get there and find our home.
In our own fashionable and exclusive atmosphere, Wok Box is devoted to the art of showcasing exceptional cuisine. We’d like to say that we ease the process of eating by incorporating fresh food.
The cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff and deliver food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
Our community watering hole Wok box is searching for full time and part-time professional cooks to join our squad. We are looking for ambitious individuals who are self-motivated and hardworking.
Accurate, Flexibility, Excellent oral communication, Reliability, Organized, Dependability, Excellent written communication, Client focus, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player and be a great cook
Duties And Responsibilities
- Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations
- Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
- Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift
- Taking orders from wait staff or computerized system
- Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
- Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
- Handling multiple food orders at one time
- Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive
- Dressing order for presentation
- Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides
- Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner
- Storing all food properly
- Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
- Reordering stock and food supplies
- Monitoring other cooks and team members
- Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed
Requirements And Qualifications
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
- High school degree or equivalent
- Previous experience as a busboy, washer, waiter, cook, or relevant work experience
- Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
- Able to work early mornings, nights, and weekends
- able to bend, move, and lift up to 25 pounds or more
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift; able to lift up to 25 pounds or more
- Must pass a background check
- Able to read and write