Construction workers (also known as construction laborers) work on construction sites. They are responsible for a number of on-site tasks, such as removing debris, erecting scaffolding, loading and unloading building materials, and assisting with operating heavy equipment.
We are seeking a hard-working and reliable construction worker to join our team. You will participate in a variety of construction projects and follow construction plans and instructions from the site supervisor. Although experience isn’t essential, you will have to be physically fit and a fast learner.
To be successful in this position, you will work well as part of a team, enjoy working outdoors, and be able to perform strenuous physical tasks.
Construction Worker Responsibilities:
- Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools.
- Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Removing debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites.
- Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, and scaffolding.
- Assisting contractors, e.g. electricians and painters, as required.
- Assisting with transport and operation of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Regulating traffic and erecting traffic signs.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Digging holes, tunnels, and shafts.
- Mixing, pouring, and leveling concrete.
Construction Worker Job Requirements:
- No formal qualification is required, although a high school diploma may be preferred.
- Similar work experience may be beneficial.
- Licensure to work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Willingness to undertake training if necessary.
- Be mild-tempered and a team player.
- Be healthy, strong, and fit.
- Location: Gloucester, ON
- Salary: $20.00 to $28.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 48 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Full time 08:00 to 16:00
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
English or French
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites; Load, unload and transport construction materials; Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Sledgehammer; Mortar and concrete mixers; Jackhammers; Compactor; Chippers; Nail guns
- Construction Specialization
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract); Criminal record check
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Reliability
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities
How to apply By email
613-294-8055 Between 06:00 AM and 06:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.