As a Cleaning Supervisor you will be responsible for: The supervision of all cleaning staff focussing on their performance in terms of standards of cleanliness and their behaviour whilst on duty. Ensuring that a first class cleaning service is delivered to all areas of the building. Reviewing work schedules.
A cleaning supervisor is responsible for overseeing the work activities of cleaners within his/her department, be it in a firm, hotel, or residential building.
The form or manner by which the cleaning supervisor carries out his or her job description is usually tailored to suit the organization or firm within which he/she operates.
- Location: Langley, BC
- Salary: $20.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
A cleaning supervisor shoulders a wide range of responsibilities. He/she tries as much as possible to make sure that cleaners under his/her supervision carry out their functions effectively and promptly too.
- Establishment of cleaning standards and procedures for workers and ensure adherence to these standards and procedures
- Coaching and developing employees (cleaners)
- Scheduling and assigning specific duties/roles to cleaners and also ensuring that they are carried out expertly
- Inspection of cleaning equipment on a regular basis so as to know when they are worn-out and also request for replacement
- Controlling and monitoring the usage of cleaning materials so as to avoid or minimize waste and/or misuse
- Providing any form of required assistance to cleaners while they carry out their duties.
Requirements – Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge – for the role of a Cleaning Supervisor
If you are seeking to work as a supervisor in charge of a cleaning service, here are common requirements to expect from employers:
- Must possess excellent communication skills in speaking, writing, and even in listening
- Must have good interpersonal attributes. That is to say, the supervisor must be someone that gets along easily with people (easily approachable)
- Must be outstanding when it comes to organization and coordination of both humans and their activities
- Must display a high level of integrity due to the fact that he/she may be in a position to take care of people’s personal belongings
- Excellent decision-making ability is a must-have
- Must be proactive in the line of duty
- Must have the ability and willingness to work as part of a team, and most importantly, lead a team
- Should have a clear understanding of customer service guidelines/principles
- Must have relevant experience in cleaning and supervision of cleaning procedures
- A basic degree in any hospitality-related field is also required
- Recruitment process for this role may include a pre-employment assessment test to screen applicants.
1 year to less than 2 years
- Other Languages
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
How to apply
8217 204B STREET suite 16
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.