Childcare providers are individuals who care for and provide supervision to children from age six weeks to age thirteen. Every childcare provider is unique, but they all typically share a love for children. Your choice of childcare providers may be dependent on your child’s age, your family’s needs, and your location.
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Salary: $20.00HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Early Morning, Morning
08:30 to 15:30
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Medical Benefits, Dental Benefits
- Vacancies 1 vacancy
Child Care Provider
We are on the hunt for a friendly and reliable child care provider to join our energetic childcare center. You will be responsible for overseeing children’s daily schedules, providing support to staff, maintaining childcare facilities, and developing appropriate educational activities.
To succeed in this role, you must be compassionate, friendly, and willing to work a flexible schedule. Successful candidates should also possess the ability to interact with children in a positive and productive manner.
- Oversee the safety of children in your care.
- Develop an effective cleaning plan to ensure all of the interactive areas are sanitary and safe.
- Create educational and fun activities for the children.
- Keep up-to-date records of children’s development, routines, and interest.
- Develop and monitor schedules to ensure that children have enough rest, physical activity, and playtime.
- Prepare and serve meals.
- When necessary, administer first-aid or CPR to children.
- Assist children, individually or in groups, with lesson projects and homework.
- Maintain excellent verbal and written communication with parents and guardians.
- A minimum of 2 years’ solid work experience in a certified early childhood education center or equivalent program.
- A high school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Should have valid CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Must have a caring and compassionate attitude.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Tend to emotional well-being of children; Supervise and care for children; Prepare and serve nutritious meals; Organize, activities such as games and outings for children; Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home; Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children; Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development; Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents; Bathe, dress and feed infants and children; Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Children’s Ages
- 3 years; Toddler to pre-school (1 – 3 years); School age (6 – 12 years)
- Target Audience
- Supervise and care for multi-aged group of children
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Location Information
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Medical Benefits; Dental Benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities
How to apply
Who can apply for this job?
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.