Location: Temporarily remote
Salary: $16 – $25 an hour
Job type: Full-time, Part-time
Although most positions will be English or French, some positions may require you to be able to work in both official languages.
If you are an innovative student, and you’re excited about transforming and modernizing information technology (IT) to better serve Canadians, and want to be part of a team that puts people first.
Then you should experience working at the Information Technology Branch (ITB) within the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
The IT environment within the CRA is evolving quickly and offers numerous opportunities for IT professionals, students and international students to be part of very exciting developments.
An inventory of eligible candidates will be established for this staffing process.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public health recommendations and restrictions are in place across Canada and may change as circumstances evolve.
You may be required to temporarily work remotely (e.g. from home). Further information will be provided if you are selected for the position.
Benefits of The Job
• Flexible work arrangements
• In office or remote (depends on operational requirements)
• Flexible work hours
• A diverse and inclusive workforce
• To work on exciting projects to enrich your professional skills and competencies
• A long-lasting professional network with highly qualified professionals in Computer Science
• Opportunities to get involved in volunteer initiatives with the Young Professional Network.
The Young Professionals Network is a network of self-identified young professionals looking to develop their skills, grow their network, challenge themselves, and contribute towards a better tomorrow.
You must be a full-time student at a recognized Canadian postsecondary institution for the semester you will be hired (or the following semester) AND
You must be enrolled in a degree or diploma program in computer science, Information Technology (IT), Information Management, or other specializations relevant to the position.
you must be living in Canada or be a Canadian Citizen living abroad.
Students enrolled in school on a part-time basis due to a disability, as recognized by the academic institution, or on a part-time basis during their last semester, are also considered eligible for employment as a student at the CRA.
IMPORTANT: A recognized post-secondary institution is defined as a Canadian public or private institution that is recognized or authorized to grant degrees, diplomas, and other credentials by a public or private act of the provincial/territorial legislature or through a government-mandated quality assurance mechanism. The institution must be listed in the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
Note: If you are a student with a work/study permit, you may apply. However, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents who meet the job requirements.
How to apply?
• Create your CRA Candidate Profile.
• Upload or attach your resume by selecting the checkbox next to it.
• Complete the application questionnaire.
• Click on Submit to submit your Application.
Note: If your resume is not uploaded and attached to your submission, your application will not be considered further.
• Virtual reporting may be possible, if operational requirements permit.
• Candidates will be screened against the prerequisite staffing requirements on an ongoing basis.
• Assessments/appointments may be conducted during the posting period, therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible as the closing date and time on this notice of job opportunity may change.
Essential staffing requirements
To be eligible, you’ll need to meet the following requirements;
• The required level of education, specialization(s), field(s) of study, abilities, skills and/or knowledge will vary depending on the position being staffed.
• You will need to meet the requirements of the position(s) in order to be considered.
• Depending on the position, you may be assessed using a written test, an unsupervised internet test, an interview and/or reference check.
• The required pass mark will depend on the position being staffed and will be communicated at a later date. A top-down approach may be used.
This staffing process will be used to staff positions at the SU levels. Your level of education will determine your salary and classification:
- SU-02 – College/CEGEP
- SU-03 – University Undergraduate
- SU-04 – Masters
- SU-05 – Doctorate
The following Document(s) will be requested at a later date, when requested:
• Proof of full-time enrollment at a recognized post secondary institution (or part-time basis due to a disability, as recognized by the academic institution, or part-time basis during last semester.)
• Your performance will be assessed through reference check(s) at the appointment stage. You will need to provide their names and contact information.
Conditions of Employment
To be fully employed under this category of Canada Government jobs for international students, the following conditions must be met;
• Reliability/Security: Most positions require a security clearance of “Reliability Status”, but some positions may require a higher security clearance level.
• Candidates must be legally eligible / entitled to work in the designated work location.