A Business Consultant, or Business Adviser, provides expert advice, analysis and solutions. They enable new and existing businesses to develop and expand. Their duties include developing business plans, advising on financial matters and identifying areas for growth within a company.
- Organizing and executing assigned business projects on behalf of clients according to client’s requirements
- Meeting with assigned clients when needed and perform an initial assessment of a problematic situation
- Collecting information about the client’s business through a variety of methods (shadowing, interviews, surveys, reading reports etc.)
- Location: 5000 Kingsway Burnaby, BCV5H 2E4
- Salary: $38.98 to $40.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a qualified Business Consultant to help our clients reform their operations and support their business by providing intuitive guidance. You will be an important ally to every organization who wants to invest in change and improvement and needs help as to where and how. You will also undertake projects on behalf of the client’s business when it lacks resources or motive to perform them in-house.
A successful business consultant has first and foremost a broad knowledge of the many facets of business and market forces. The ideal candidate will also possess great problem-solving skills to provide solutions and recommendations that will increase profitability and efficiency.
The goal is to contribute to the clients’ long lasting success so that our reputation can expand along with our clientele.
- Organize and execute assigned business projects on behalf of clients (recruiting, payroll, promotional campaigns etc.) according to client’s requirements
- Meet with assigned clients when needed and perform an initial assessment of a problematic situation
- Collect information about the client’s business through a variety of methods (shadowing, interviews, surveys, reading reports etc.)
- Analyze and interpret data to unearth weaknesses and problems, and comprehend the causes
- Formulate recommendations and solutions with attention to a client’s wishes, capabilities and limitations forming concise reports
- Present findings and suggestions to clients with ample justification and practical advice
- Develop detailed business plans to drive small or radical changes
- Assist the client in implementing the plan and resolve any occasional discrepancies
- Provide guidance for any occurring problems and issues
- Proven experience as business consultant or equivalent
- Knowledge of diverse business matters such as IT, Marketing, HR etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Familiarity with a wide selection of business management software (CRM, ERP etc.) and databases
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mind with excellent data collection and analysis skills
- Aptitude in creative problem-solving
- BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA in a specialized business field will be an advantage
- Certified Management Consultant is a plus
or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
- Management Consultant Specific Skills
- Propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures; Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs; Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of an establishment; Plan the re-organization of operations
- Area of Specialization
- Revenue – cost analysis; Organizational analysis; Management analysis; Corporate development planning; Business methods analysis; Operational methods research
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.