A masonry helper assists a mason who might be working with stone, brick, or tile. They would assist the mason to carry the tools and materials needed for the job and set the location up for the project. They might even help with the mortar and then assist with the site clean-up at the end of each day.
Day to day responsibilities
– general assistance to the bricklayer including assisting with bricklaying work to create and maintain structures, walls, chimneys, foundations etc using various types of blocks, tiles, boards, and stone.
– assisting in pointing and internal block work as directed
– as directed by the Line Manager to assist with storage, lifting, fetching supplies, unload and check deliveries
– undertaking tasks to assist bricklayer generally
– identifying hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety
– liaising with Line Manager and other site workers and performing jobs as and when they are required., in accordance with contract/agreed requirements and within agreed time limits
– working using your own initiative within agreed roles – do not wait to be asked!
– ensure compliance to agreed codes, legislation, and procedures including health and safety
– maintain accurate worksheets and records/documentation associated with your work
– immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organisation and/or its clients/customers or which you think may effect health and safety to Line Manager
– meet your targets and contribute to those of the team as a whole
– contribute towards the smooth running of the team
– adhere to all organisation policies and procedures, including those relating to hygiene, respect for other team members, time keeping and flexibility
From time to time you may be expected to be part of special projects as are reasonably required of your job role.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
- Location: Elmvale, ON
- Salary: $16.00 to $25.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment Permanent employment
- Start date Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Concrete saws
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Gloves
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding
- Personal Suitability
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.