Hotel Assistants Manager provide administrative and operational support to Hotel Managers. Their duties include handling correspondence, training new employees, taking phone calls, assigning tasks, monitoring staff when the Hotel Manager is not present, and doing paperwork.
- Location: Box 8, Mile 462 Alaska Highway Muncho Lake, BCV0C 1Z0
- Salary: $4,000 to $5,000MONTH monthly for 40 to 48 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies 1 vacancy
The job of an assistant hotel manager is to help the hotel manager complete all activities related to the operations of a hotel, ensuring the establishment works as smoothly as possible. Assistant hotel managers are in charge of supervising the smaller departments or various divisions in the hotel. They can be assigned to the different areas of the hotel, such as food and beverages, casino, and maintenance, among others.
Assistant hotel managers are in charge of overseeing all the events, activities and operations in a hotel. They make all the necessary decisions needed in their assigned division and ensure all hotel rules and policies are implemented. Assistant hotel managers monitor the tasks of personnel and workers, set goals and plans to promote and improve the service of their department; and are tasked to give schedules and assignment to each worker. They handle client’s complaints and compliments about their department; and make sure that events are well organized. Sometimes, assistant hotel managers also welcome guests and customers as they enter the hotel. They assist the hotel manager in ensuring the security of their guests and the entire hotel or hotel department.
Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Prepare marketing plans; Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses; Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities; Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies; Implement marketing activities; Establish work schedules; Enforce policies and procedures; Develop and implement business plans; Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Conduct online marketing, E-commerce and Website promotions
- An assistant hotel manager must be very organized, systematic, patient, motivated, confident and a hard worker. He/she must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, strong leadership skills, analytical and problem solving skills, good customer service skills and multi-tasking skills. The assistant hotel manager should work well under pressure, even with minimal supervision. He/she should also be able to work independently or as part of a large team.
Assistant hotel managers work in different time shifts, depending on the size and staff availability of the hotel. Depending on their work schedule, assistant hotel managers may be assigned to work on weekdays, weekends and even holidays. They are required to wear presentable suits/attire.
- Level of Expertise
- Video editor
- Budgetary Responsibility
- $100,001 – $500,000
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Adobe Photoshop; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Windows; MS Word; Central reservation system (CRS); MS Office; MS Outlook; Social Media
- Additional Skills
- Supervise staff; Recruit and hire staff; Perform front desk duties; Conduct training sessions; Conduct performance reviews
- Work Setting
- Hunting and fishing lodge or camp; Campground; Hotel, motel, resort
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Own vehicle; Valid driver’s licence; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods
- Ability to Supervise
- More than 20 people
- Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation available; Staff accommodation provided; Remote location; Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students, Youth
How to apply
Who can apply for this job?
Only persons who are legally allowed to work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, do not apply as the employer will not consider your job application.