Drive ambulances or assist ambulance drivers in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons. Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials. Place patients on stretchers and load stretchers into ambulances, usually with assistance from other attendants.
- Location: Etobicoke, ON
- Salary: $16.00 to $17.00HOUR hourly for 36 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Shift, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 4 vacancies
Employee Duties & Responsibilities
1) Drive ambulances or assist ambulance drivers in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons.
2) Remove replace soiled linens or equipment to maintain sanitary conditions.
3) Place patients on stretchers load stretchers into ambulances, usually with assistance from other attendants.
4) Accompany assist emergency medical technicians on calls.
5) Earn maintain appropriate certifications.
6) Replace supplies disposable items on ambulances.
7) Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
8) Administer first aid, like bandaging, splinting, or administering oxygen.
9) Restrain or shackle violent patients.
Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
St. John’s Ambulance First-Aid Certificate; Emergency First Response Course; CPR Certificate; Canadian Red Cross First-Aid Certificate; Ambulance driver’s licence; Class 4/4F/F/4A-B-C Licence (ambulances, emergency vehicles and buses with fewer than 24 passengers)
- Specific Skills
- Transport patients to hospital or other medical facility for further medical care; Maintain ambulances and emergency care equipment and supplies; Assist hospital personnel with provision of medical treatment, if necessary
- Additional Skills
- Train and supervise other ambulance attendants or emergency technicians and attendants
- Weight Handling
- More than 100 kg (220 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Private ambulance company
- Security and Safety
- Driver’s validity licence check; Medical exam; Immunization records; Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Driver’s abstract; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Sitting; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
How to apply
416-689-8027 Between 09:00 AM and 06:00 PM
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Proof of the requested certifications
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.